The Nightmare of Sigil
Casinos, Bars, and Other Entertainment
If there's one thing that Sigil enjoys and believes in is ways of entertainment. Being trapped on an island with no means of recourse or escape save for the Abyss which one may never return from, entertainment has become one of the best means of distraction from the horrible reality that is living in Sigil. Many many bars that provide all manner of drinks and food are scattered throughout Sigil, a bar on nearly every block.
While these are heavily trasferred a major source of entertainment are the casinos. Large, very colorful buildings where shows are put on, and more importantly gambling takes place. The owners of such casinos are said to be willing to take any form of pavement so long as they deem it valuable. While gambling sometimes takes places in bars, the casinos within Sigil provide the fairest means of which to gamble with. Enforcers and the like ensure no one is cheated. Listed below are the largest casinos:
- The Spirit Casino; this place employs many a ghost and spirit to intermingle with its customers, giving a purpose to those departed. A very powerful spirit is said to run the establishment, but few can say. This place offers glimpses into lives outside of Sigil from those that have already departed.
- The Paradise Flame; run by an exceptionally powerful devil, the obelisk brings with it many customs and traditions from the sunscarred land of Andima. While it provides many of the same card and dice games that so many enjoy, the Paradise Flame boasts the only gambling game based around firearms called Dead Eye Hand.
- The Ebon Heirloom; hosted by one of the drow noble houses, the ebon heirloom is usually toured only by those with heavy coin purse. For high rollers for near everything, the ebon heirloom allows but the briefest of glimpses into the otherwise incredibly exuberant lifestyle of the drow nobles. It takes a special invitation to even get past the front door that can only be given by a member of the drow noble houses.
- The Plume; owned by the tengu master Triqouxo Dolok the Plume casino provides the most games from every sort of lifestyle. Triquoxo is said to be willing to take any form of payment when it comes to his tables, and people have reportedly sold away their own children for just one more hand. That being said, beastfolk and especially tengu are welcomed with open arms to the Plume.
- The Scarlet; dyed in rich reds of all colors, blacks, and golds, the Scarlet provides the best, most exotic dancers throughout Sigil. Baroness Garnette resides over the Scarlet, and her beauty is said to rival some of the highest nobles throughout the entire city. While their games are fair, it's often said that one loses track of time within the Scarlet. Even more so then usual. Some have claimed they have gone over a week within the Scarlet without even taking notice.